We are looking for a seasoned designer with a strong POV and proven expertise in UI design.
Why This Job Is Important
As a Senior UI Designer you’ll work closely within our cross-discipline teams to lead the UI design on digital products and experiences. You will be integral in defining the visual direction and architecture of design systems that support the launch and scale of digital products. As part of the UX and Visual Design practice area, you will work collaboratively with UX designers and content writers to deliver outcomes that address user needs and business goals. Specifically, you’ll help push the quality of design we deliver to clients and contribute to the improvement of our approach and process. This position requires a strong understanding of user interface best-practices, experience working with developers, and a high-degree of visual design skill that reflects expertise in core concepts of both visual and UI design.
Additionally, you not only think about how features will help solve common problems but you also think about how the entire product will look and feel as well as how it could scale. You love and have experience in human-centered design practices. You’re the one who usually asks the questions; what should we do, and why. You’re a constant learner, a maker, a tinkerer and a visual storyteller. Most importantly, you’re a leader and strong believer in what you do.
What You’re Good At
- You think in terms of design systems to support scale and consistency.
- You make the complex simple by balancing constraint and pixel perfection.
- You define what “done” is and know how to execute towards that goal efficiently.
- You recognize technology capabilities in order to mitigate risk.
- You communicate your POV and deliverables through sketches, mood boards, UI Kits and guidelines.
- You implement best-practices to support user expectation, interaction and task success.
- You can work with high-level direction to drive towards near-term clarity.
- You can share your vision and collaboratively lead a team towards exceptional work.
- You can demonstrate high aesthetic standards and taste, by not only delivering great work but knowing why it’s great.
- You know the right questions to ask to support successful outcomes.
- You contribute to the teams approach and methods to improve the overall literacy and quality of design.
- You are positive and have the ability to find the opportunity in every project to make it great.
- You demonstrate ownership on all projects and follow through on all phases of execution.
- You are a fearless explorer that isn’t afraid to try new approaches and tools.
What You Have Done
- You have a portfolio that shows expert skill in UI and Visual design.
- You have experience working in cross-discipline teams with developers, strategists, and product managers.
- You have 7 years of digital design experience.
- You have designed for a variety of mediums including digital products, responsive websites, and mobile applications.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as graphic design, interaction design or web design.
- You are an expert in Sketch and bring additional tools to the team.
- You have experience with prototyping software, such as Framer, Origami, InVision App, Principle, Flinto, etc..