The Big Know seeks a learning content administrator to manage the authoring and maintenance of its online courses and other web content, to define and improve the content authoring process, and to create and maintain end to end documentation on the use of our authoring system. This position requires attention to detail, strong organization, and effective communication skills.
In this role, you will do the following:
- Build courses and content on The Big Know’s learning platform and associated web properties.
- Create documentation for content management and authoring processes/best practices.
- Collaborate with design and development to drive continuous improvement to the design and usability of the authoring system.
- Organize and manage all the files and objects associated with individual projects.
- Manage communication between content and design teams to ensure all necessary design assets are in place when needed to produce a complete course.
- Support the creation of templates and standards for the content development and design teams.
- Perform quality assurance analysis to ensure error-free content.
- Support the content and design teams as needed with course development and production activities.
- Support the account teams with client-related requests as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- At least one year of Web related experience (i.e. building webpages).
- Experience working with an academic or corporate LMS to produce online courses. (Blackboard, Moodle, D2L, etc...)
- Ability to respond quickly to address/resolve issues and problems.
- Experience with website QA processes and practices.
- Experience with web content management.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in a proactive and communicative way.
- General office, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, potentially including weekends and nights. (But usually not).
- Experience with adobe Photoshop to perform basic image manipulation.
- Experience authoring learning content within leading LMS platforms like Moodle, Blackboard, D2L, etc.
- Ability to create or maintain Web pages using high-level HTML and XML.
- Experience working directly with clients with a friendly and professional manner.
About The Big Know
Created by GoKart Labs, we are a team of marketers, educators and digital natives helping transform brands into the world’s great teachers. We believe that education can be a superior form of content marketing, and that brands who teach can realize dramatically better results for their marketing spend. Our team of instructional strategists, brand marketers, writers, designers and filmmakers make it easy for brands to create learning people will love. Learn more at www.thebigknow.com